Truckee Police arrest five people on numerous gun related charges
Truckee Police have arrested five people on numerous gun related charges on Thursday, May 24.
It happened about 2 a.m. when officers made contact with a vehicle parked in the parking lot of the Chevron gas station on Deerfield Drive.
According to police, the vehicle broke down and the four occupants were waiting for a family member to come from Reno to pick them up.
The contact eventually led to the officers finding two loaded firearms in the vehicle.
One of the firearms was stolen out of the Reno area.
Officers also found a fully loaded ammunition magazine, and an illegal “blackjack” club positioned in such a fashion to be readily accessible for the driver to use as a dangerous weapon.
When the other family member arrived to pick up the stranded passengers, officers found a loaded firearm inside the driver’s door pocket of his vehicle.
All five adults were arrested and booked into the Nevada County Jail in Truckee.
- Rudy Gonzales- possession of a “blackjack” weapon
- Ralph Gonzales Jr.- possession of a loaded .45 caliber pistol stolen out of Reno area
- Brandi Duggins- possession of a loaded .380 caliber pistol
- Ralph Gonzales Sr.- felon in possession of a loaded ammunition magazine
- Phillip Gonzales- possession of a loaded .40 caliber pistol