RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) -- Bikers from all over are rumbling into Reno for this year's street vibrations that will run from September 26 to September 30.
Street Vibrations Motorcycle Festival is a celebration of music, metal and motorcycles, offering poker runs, live entertainment, ride-in shows, stunt and bike shows and more to more than 50,000 riding enthusiasts.
Major event venues are planned in downtown Reno, Virginia City, at Reno Harley-Davidson and Battle Born Harley-Davidson in Carson City.
What to expect:
- Grand Marshal Erik Estrada will be attending the "Police on Parade" event on Thursday at 6:00 pm at the Eldorado plaza main stage.
- The Silver Legacy American Heat Custom Bike Show managed by Mondo Porras of Denver's Choppers, this year including Chicano Lowriders and a new feature this year is the Street Vibrations Motorcycle Auction .To register to consign your bike or bid, or enter the bike show contact Mondo at (775)813-1994.
- Enjoy plenty of local and regional bands on 7 outdoor stages throughout the venue.
- Visit and shop the 250 vendors and many factory rigs selling everything for your motorcycle and more.
- You can register as a Street Vibrations VIP participant at the Roadshows event headquarters in the Reno Ballroom at 4th and Center St. in downtown Reno. For just $70, registered VIP's get an official t-shirt, ride pin and hog tag, entry to poker runs, scavenger hunts, VIP parties and slow bike races, and secured VIP parking. The event is open to all motorcycles.
- The Legends N' Leather bar crawl go to support the Child Assault Prevention Project of Washow County. To participate in the bar crawl, sign up at the Reno Ballroom anytime before the event. The crawl starts at 9:00 pm Saturday, the 29th in the Reno Ballroom. The cost to participate is only $10.
Downtown Reno Road Closures from Wednesday September 26th at 8 a.m. - Monday October 1st at 8 a.m. :
- Virginia Street from E. 6th St. to E 1st St.
- 5th St. from Sierra St. to N. Center St.
- 4th St. from Sierra St. to N. Center St.
- 3rd St. from Sierra St. to Virginia St.
- Plaza St. from Virginia St. to N. Center St.
- Commercial Row from Sierra St. to N. Center St.
- 2nd St. from Sierra St. to N. Center St.
For more information about the events, you can visit roadshowsreno.com