How to use Reno's first dockless bike sharing program
We have some 'wheely' good news for you!
Bike sharing just got a lot easier in the Biggest Little City. LimeBike officially launched in Reno on Monday, May 14.
The bike share program is likely a little different from ones you've used in the past -- that's because it's dockless meaning there aren't specific drop-off and pick-up locations.
How to use the bikes
- Download the LimeBike app on your smartphone
- Login using either a phone number or your Facebook account
- Tap the person icon to set up your account
- Check out the nearby bikes maps or click "ride" if you've already located one
- Snap a photo of the QR code under the seat or type in the bike's number
- Wait for the bike to recognize your access
- Unlock the bike with the red slide tab on the rear wheel under the fender
- Pull the tab until the bike is unlocked
- Adjust to seat to your liking
- Jump on and off you go!
How much will this cost me?
- LimeBikes will cost you $1 per every 30 minutes
Where can I find these bikes around Reno?
More than 1,000 bikes can be found around the downtown Reno area.
Use the map feature on the app to find the location nearest you.