Placer County Sheriff's deputy rescues bear trapped in car near Lake Tahoe
A Placer County Sheriff's deputy recently rescued a bear that trapped itself inside a car near Lake Tahoe.
According to a Facebook post from the sheriff's office, the bear got into a Subaru Outback in Carnelian Bay and destroyed the interior of the car so badly that the doors could not be unlocked.
Authorities determined the safest way to get the bear out of the car was to break the window,
Deputy Lade was brave enough to break the window allowing the bear to jump out and flee into the forest.
Consider using the following tips to keep bears away from your property:
- Keep garbage and home doors closed, except for immediate use
- Harvest fruit off trees as soon as it is ripe, and promptly collect all fruit that falls
- Keep barbecue grills clean
- Keep doors and windows secure from intrusions
- Do not allow wildlife and other pests to attack trash or waste
- Spray your cans with ammonia
- NEVER feed wildlife
- Keep pet food inside