Man wanted for severe vandalism of Reno's Traner Pool located, arrested
More than a year after a Reno pool was severely vandalized -- a suspect is behind bars.
According to Lt. John Silver with the Reno Police Department, Gonzolo Escobar was located in the area of Peckham and Nutmeg on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 and taken into custody.
On March 16, 2017, officers responded to the Traner Pool located at 1600 Carville Drive in north Reno on the report of a destruction of property that caused thousands of dollars in damages.
Throughout the course of the investigation, burglary detectives reviewed surveillance footage and received numerous tips that led to the identification of Gonzolo.
An arrest warrant was issued by the Washoe County District Attorney in November 2017.
The pool just reopened to the public on Monday, June 11.
The repairs were made possible due to the following donations:
- William N. Pennington Foundation - $800,000
- Northern Nevada Building & Construction Trades Council Development Corporation - $50,000
- Lifestyle Homes - $25,000
- Dr. and Mrs. John Williamson - $200
- Barbara Miller - $100
- Joanne Newbury - $50
- Farr West Engineering (civil engineering services) - $7,800
- D&D Roofing and Sheet Metal, Inc. (replacement of mechanical building roof) - $2,500