RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — RTC is collecting donations to ''Stuff A Bus'' with food items on Wednesday, December 5 and Thursday, December 6.
The RTC will have a bus at Sam's Club at 4835 Kietzke Lane in Reno from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. collecting non-perishable food items.
Suggested food items include:
- Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Spaghetti/Ravioli (Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Protein: Peanut Butter, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Dried or Canned Beans
- Grains: Whole Grain Cereal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta
- Fruits: Canned (Packed in 100% Juice or Light Syrup), Dried Fruit, Applesauce (No Sugar Added), 100% Fruit Juice Boxes
- Vegetables: Canned (No Salt Added and/or Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Dairy: Shelf Stable Milk
- Kid-friendly Snacks: Granola Bars, Popcorn, Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers
- Baby Products: Formula, Infant Cereal, Baby Food
Food donations will also be accepted at RTC transit stations Monday, Dec. 3 through Thursday, Dec. 6.
The donations will be given to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada.