Celebrate Bike Week in Washoe County May 13 -19
May 13-19 is Bike Week in Washoe County.
The annual springtime event encourages people to curb the car and bike instead.
The event is organized by the Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance to promote safe bicycle commuting in our community.
The alliance is encouraging people to choose a bicycle as an alternative form of transportation to reduce air pollution and traffic congestion, promote safety and good health, and to foster a safer and more inclusive cycling community for riders of all types.
Bicycle commuters are encouraged to sign up and log miles at bikewashoe.org to win prizes.
For a list of bike routes in the Truckee Meadows, visit rtcwashoe.com/public-transportation/bicycling/.
But Bike Week isn’t just about riding your bike to work. There are a number of fun-filled events planned to celebrate biking. To see all of the events, visit BikeWashoe.org/Events.
Saturday, May 5
- Biggest Little Bike Swap at Idlewild Park, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Saturday, May, 12
- Reno River Roll at Wingfield Park, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Sunday, May 13
- Cyclofemme at Patagonia in downtown Reno, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Monday, May 14
- RTC and Reno Bike Project Bike Repair Clinic at RTC CENTENNIAL PLAZA in Sparks, 11 a.m. – Noon
- Bike Share Launch Event at Wingfield Park, 11 a.m.
Tuesday, May 15
- Ladies’ Night Bike Clinic at Reno Bike Project, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday, May 16
- Commuter Rest Stop at Patagonia in downtown Reno, 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Dan’s Night Bike Clinic at Reno Bike Project, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Slow Roll at Wingfield Park, 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 17
- Commuter Convoy and Ride for Reading at Reno City Plaza, 10 a.m. - Noon
Friday, May 18
Pancake Feed at Reno Bike Project, 6 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Movie Night at Patagonia in downtown Reno, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday, May 19
- Rolling on the River, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Kids Triathlon, 8 a.m.
- Bike Week After Party at Statewide Lighting, 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.