RFD: food left on stove caused fire in 2nd street motel room

    Courtesy RFD.png

    Reno Fire Department firefighters responded to a room fire on the 500 block of East 2nd Street on Thursday, November 1.

    According to RFD, a motel room was actively burning, and the occupant was escaping through the front door as the first Engine Company arrived.

    The occupant was treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation. No other occupants or firefighters were injured.

    Reno Fire says the fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread throughout the unit, due to the concentration of furniture and combustibles.

    Fire crew rescued two pet birds. No rooms near the fire were damaged.

    The fire department determined that the fire started from food being left unattended on a stove top burner.

    The Reno Firefighters community assistance program and American Red Cross are assisting the occupant, who suffered significant loss, with fire-recovery efforts.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...