Wildlife officials warn Somersett residents of possible mountain lion sightings
RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) —
The Nevada Department of Wildlife and Somersett management staff is warning residents after two possible mountain lion sightings over the weekend.
According to a newsletter sent out by Somersett staff on Monday morning, residents responded seeing one in the area of Holes 10 and 11 and the other near Hole 4 on the golf course.
The Nevada Department of Wildlife offers the followings tips:
- Do not run away. Make yourself large and make noise.
- Keep your dogs on a leash at all times.
- Make sure you always have a charged cell phone with you.
- If you come across a newly killed deer, walk away.
- Keep in mind that mountain lions are more active in the early morning and evening hours.
NDOW asks if you do spot a mountain lion, you are asked to contact their hotline immediately at 775-688-1331.