Vacant Sparks building catches fire for 5th time in a month, officials call it suspicious
SPARKS, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) —
The Sparks Fire Department is investigating after a vacant building near the Nugget Casino caught fire for the fifth time in a month.
Fire Chief Chris Maples says shortly after 1 p.m. on Monday, April 16, firefighters responded to a structure fire at 555 Dermody Way.
Maples says when crews arrived on scene, they located mostly debris and trash inside the abandoned warehouse.
Since March 11, the Sparks Fire Department has responded to five separate fires in the same building. Maples says although the fires are suspicious -- they are not willing to call it arson at this point.
No injuries were reported.
Secret Witness is offering a $500 reward for information regarding these fires.