Six attorneys apply for open seat in Washoe County district court
RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) —
Six attorneys have applied for an open seat on the Second Judicial District Court in Reno, according to a statement from the state's judicial selection commission.
The six are seeking to fill the vacancy left by the retiring Judge Janet J. Berry of Department 1.
According to the statement, the applicants are:
- Wesley Ayres, 57, Reno, Second Judicial District Court
- Richard F. Cornell, 64, Reno, Law Offices of Richard F. Cornell
- Kathleen Drakulich, 56, Reno, McDonald Carano
- James Keller, 45, Reno, United States Attorney's Office
- Douglas R. Rands, 58, Reno, Rands, South and Gardner
- Gregory Shannon, 61, Reno, Second Judicial District Court
To be eligible, applicants must have 10 years of legal experience and two years of Nevada residency.
The commission will conduct interviews with the attorneys and accept public comment during the application process. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of June 19 at the Nevada Supreme Court in Carson City, and they will be open to the public.
To learn more about the application process and how to submit comment, visit nvcourts.link/NVJudicialSelection.