Eight of 9 defendants in Dr. Rand, Richie West Jr. pill mill ring sentenced
RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) —
Eight of the nine defendants in the Dr. Robert Rand and Richie West Jr. prescription drug ring have been sentenced, including four who received five years probation and two others who were sentenced to community service, according to the U.S. Department of Justice Office.
- Richie West is out on time served and was ordered transferred to an outpatient rehab facility. He will also serve 16 months of house arrest.
The other six defendants and their sentences:
• Braden Kyle Riley – sentencing held on October 16, 2017. He was sentenced to five years probation.
• Omar Ahsan Ahmad – sentencing held on December 6, 2017. He was sentenced to five years probation.
• Alan Russel Martinez – sentencing held on January 5, 2018. He was sentenced to five years probation.
• Clint Mitchell Bloodworth – sentencing held on January 24, 2018. He was sentenced to five years probation.
• Ryan Smith and Joshua Green were each sentenced to community service and a $2,000 fine on March 5, 2018.
Kathleen Griffin is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court on March 12, 2018.
The Reno doctor was accused of distributing oxycodone and other drugs illegally as part of a criminal conspiracy with a number of other people living in the Reno area.