MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Reno fire crews put out blaze sparked by barbecue

MGN Online

Firefighters put out a house fire sparked by a barbecue Thursday night on Vistacrest Drive, according to a statement from the Reno Fire Department.

Battalion Chief Mark Bohach said crews responded just before 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8, to a report of a barbecue on fire.

Units arrived to find the back of the home well involved in a fire and the inside filled with smoke.

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire, Bohach said, and the home suffered moderate damage to its exterior and minor damage in the attic.

The home's residents said they were having a quiet barbecue when they heard a loud explosion and saw the fire.

The fire department reminds residents to keep barbecues at least 10 feet away from combustible materials.

Trending