MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family displaced after kitchen fire on Smithridge Dr. in Reno

smithridge fire.JPG

Three adults and three children have been displaced after a kitchen fire broke out on Tuesday morning, according to Battalion Chief John McNamara.

Firefighters were dispatched to the 400 block of Smithridge Dr. just before 10 a.m. on Aug. 8.

First arriving units found moderate smoke coming from the upper window of a two-story townhouse. Fire crews had to break down the door to gain access to the inside of the house, McNamara said.

Crews found an active fire in the kitchen area above the stove. The fire spread from the stove to the surrounding cabinets. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to just the kitchen.

The house was unoccupied at the time of the fire.

The Reno Fire Department Chaplain and Reno Firefighters Community Assistance Program are providing assistance to the family for the immediate future.

No neighboring homes or structures were damaged.


Trending