Eight businesses fail underage alcohol compliance check at Reno Wine Walk
Eight Reno businesses failed an underage alcohol compliance check during Saturday's Wine Walk Event in downtown Reno, according to Reno Police.
The sting was conducted by members of the Regional Street Enforcement Team.
During the operation, two volunteers between 18-20 years old checked 24 participating businesses. Of those 24 businesses checked, eight businesses failed and served wine to the volunteers, police said.
In each instance the volunteers provided their actual state issued identification, if they were asked for it, clearly identifying them as underage, according to authorities.
Businesses that failed and served alcohol to underage volunteers:
1. Wild Garlic - 170 S. Virginia Street
2. The Rack - 111 N. Virginia Street
3. Sierra Kitchen and Cocktails - 50 N. Sierra Street
4. Plaza Resort Club - 121 West Street
5. La Terre Verde - 3 N. Virginia Street
6. Battle Born Café - 205 S. Sierra Street
7. Antonio’s Mexican Gril - 95 N. Sierra Street
8. Ampersand Salon - 205 S. Sierra Street