Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operate small hand tools such as grinders, drills and some pneumatic tools.
* Performs all function of SAP system to maintain accuracy of our inventory system.
* Performs quality checks and assures parts are made according to drawings specifications.
* Operate different type of equipment as necessary.
* Ability to cross-train in other departments to fill needs as necessary
* Keeps work areas safe.
* Supports all facility Continuous Improvement and LEAN initiatives including, but not limited to:
*Maintain 5-S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain) throughout shop floor and office areas.
*Track and sustain all visual management tools such as, but not limited to: layered audits, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) boards, and any additional LEAN tools that are deemed necessary to provide direction, goals and status to the shop floor.
*Encourage, support, and actively participate in Kaizen improvements and events throughout the facility, department, and area of responsibility.
*Other various duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
# Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
* High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED).
* Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English.
* Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with little advanced notice.
* Able to perform computer data entry for various purposes (i.e. time recording)
* Able to work effectively and productively as member of a team to service internal customers
* Able to read, accurately interpret and produce parts from blue prints and shop drawings
* Identify, adjust and correct all production controls to produce parts accurately and efficiently.
* Able to work effectively and productively as member of a team with minimal supervision.
* Able to perform accurate measurements, arithmetic and other math functions.
* Must understand sheet metal concepts including working with radius, diameters, arcs, and other geometry.
* Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
* Able to regularly lift 35 pounds without assistance.
* Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure.
* Exposure to high noise level (ear protection may be required in some areas).
* Fast paced while maintaining safety priorities.
* Work environment exposes operator to oil and sharp objects.
*External Job* Set-Up Laborer (Cable Tray Department)
*Title* Set-Up Laborer (Cable Tray Department)
*Business Function* Manufacturing
*Region* North America - US/Puerto Rico
*Country* United States
*Employee category* Regular
*Experience* No Minimum Experience Required
*Level* No Minimum Experience Required
*Travel Required* No Travel
*Relocation benefit provided?* No