An employee, who is qualified by training and knowledge, may be required to install, maintain, repair, adjust or program various types of telecommunication voice and data transmission equipment. Must have a thorough knowledge of the SCADA system and be capable of performing maintenance and repair on that equipment or any peripheral equipment associated with the system. Other equipment skills may include, but not limited to, the EMS computer various RTU's, UPS, digital and analog microwave radios, fiber optic SONET multiplexers, digital T1 multiplexers, digital cross connect switches, automatic telephone PBX, key systems and telephones, electric and gas system telemeter equipment, transfer trip equip, power line carrier RF equip, trunked radio system, spread spectrum and two-way radios, and other telecommunications and electronic work as may be required. The employee may be required to assist Telecommunications Engineers with system circuit design and project planning. The employee must have a working knowledge of laptop computers. The employee may be required to assist in the training of department personnel.
Must have completed a minimum of two years as a Telecommunications Technician and successfully completed and passed the Telecommunication Systems Technician course of instruction and required tests.
- High school diploma or GED and 2 years of experience as a Telecommunications Technician
- Demonstrated practical competence in installation, maintenance, repair, and programming of various types of telecommunication voice and data transmission equipment
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the SCAD system and be cable of performing maintenance and repair of equipment
- Proficient with PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Proficient with RTU's, UPS, Digital and Analog radios and fiberoptics
- Must be able to lift up to 105 pounds, carry up to 60 pounds, climb ladders and be comfortable working in confined spaces and climbing up to 40 feet
For more information and to apply online, click here.