The Contract Recruiter will be based in Reno, reporting to the Director of Human Resources. They are seeking a recruiting professional to assist in several recruiting projects throughout Northern Nevada. They are looking for an experienced recruiter who is familiar with plant operations, administrative and engineering position. This position is home-based, but there will be frequent meetings over telephone and face-to-face with hiring managers.
The Contract Recruiter will be responsible for the following activities:
- Utilize creative, professional and ethical recruiting methods to identify top-performing candidates for open positions including roles in Engineering management project engineering, process engineering, maintenance management and quality management industrial mineral processing plants
- Provide full recruiting service to the hiring managers including sourcing and screening candidates, interviewing and assessing candidates, completing job folder and applicant flow log, and offer negotiation, etc.
- Interview and screen potential candidates including phone interviews, and reference checking
- Develop effective communication channels to interact with the hiring managers to ensure they are up-to-date on recruiting activities
- Specific recruiting needs include but are not necessarily limited to: Plant Operations (machine operators, maintenance forklift, etc.), Professional Operations (maintenance planners, managers, engineers) and Administrative (accounting and finance, administrative assistants, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have a strong background with recruiting for operations and administrative positions, especially in a heavy manufacturing environment. Experience with recruiting to remote locations is especially helpful.
Other qualities desired:
- Adept at negotiating offers and managing candidate and Company expectations
- Experience with relocation practices and vendors
- Familiarity with recruiting tools and sites (Indeed.com, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Solid understanding of labor laws, interviewing practices and using creative methods to generate candidate interest in job, location and Company